Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Community Programs Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, January 2, 2017, 11:00pm
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate volunteer registration for Clean Sweep, Clean Lady Bird Lake, Lake Travis Cleanup, and ongoing Adopt-a-Creek and Adopt-a-Street projects
- Communicate with key organizational partners to set up and maintain ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Lead technical training workshops for volunteer engagement and restoration techniques
- Work collaboratively with staff to share technical skills and support community and organizational-led project days
- Plan and implement volunteer appreciation events throughout the year
- Secure donations for volunteer recognition
- Maintain up-to-date records of volunteer engagement and program results
- Provide community outreach to increase program participation
- Create content and newsletter for event communications and recruitment of volunteers for service projects and events
- Support other programming as needed
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the environment, excellent people and communication skills, experience and/or knowledge in riparian restoration, native landscape design and installation and volunteer coordination.
- Experience and knowledge in restoration, riparian and water quality issues, native plant species, landscape design and installation, solid waste services and/or litter abatement preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with and organizing volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work with a wide range of volunteers from youth to seniors
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Flexible and able to work independently as well as on a team
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a positive attitude with community members
- Lift 50 pounds, work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including heat, cold, and rain and work along uneven surfaces of creeks and trails
- Conversation Spanish a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and Excel, as well as Salesforce, Mailchimp and Formstack preferred
Hours: This is a full-time position, which will require work on evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete our online application at https://keepaustinbeautiful.formstack.com/forms/community_programs_coordinator. Your resume and letter of interest, including salary history, will be uploaded directly within the application form. Job posting open through Monday, January 2, 2017. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. No phone calls, please.