Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Conservation Center Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:45pm
Website:Colorado State University Jobs
The Director of the Salazar Center for North American Conservation will engage the world’s leading experts in conservation, and the sciences relevant to conservation, in an ongoing process of trans-disciplinary dialogue, assessment, and problem solving. The Director will design and implement programs that join public and private-sector stakeholders, researchers, and students in the co-generation of knowledge and the co-design of new approaches and strategies for effective conservation in the face of significant and ongoing environmental and societal changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, law, or scientific discipline relevant to conservation
- Understanding of the issues and challenges associated with the development and implementation of successful conservation efforts in North America
- Understanding of global environmental change and sustainability issues, integrated systems thinking on socio-environmental interactions and sustainable solutions, and how these concepts relate to North American conservation challenges
- Experience interacting with policymakers
- 10+ years of experience in management or scientific leadership in a conservation organization, government agency, non-government organization, or research institution
- Strong organizational development skills
- Strong financial and human resources management skills
- Experience in building partnerships and working with stakeholders
- Experience and proven track record in fundraising and resource mobilization
- Excellent communications skills
- Fluency in English
How to Apply:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.