Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Conservation Tour Guide
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 31, 2017, 5:00pm
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop a thorough understanding of information provided during training and present engaging interpretation of White Oak’s conservation work while safely transporting our guests through guest and animal areas;
- Deliver educational and interpretive experiences for public and private guests of all ages that strives to further White Oak’s conservation mission;
- Conduct tours or education programs in an organized, safe and timely manner;
- Present a positive, professional and outgoing image;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt if particular tour routes/animals are unable to be seen that day due to unforeseen circumstances;
- Safely operate a 22-28 passenger touring vehicle and assist with regular vehicle inspections and cleanliness; and
- Act as a representative of White Oak including dress, language and attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college, especially in a related field (biology, education, ecology, etc.) a plus.
- Experience in leading environmental education and/or interpretative programs. Certified Interpretive Guide Certification through the National Association for Interpretation is preferred, but not required.
- High degree of comfort and experience with public speaking.
- Knowledge of zoology, environmental science, conservation and wildlife management is a plus.
- Ability to pass Level 2 background check through the Florida Department of Children and Family Services and a drug test.
- Possession of a valid drivers’ license and good driving record.
- Ability to operate (or learn to operate) large touring vehicles.
- Positive, professional attitude.
- Ability to make responsible decisions.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing circumstances in a busy work place.
- Ability to operate a two-way radio.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Ability to provide excellent guest services and uphold White Oak standards for the guest experience.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with all team members.
How to Apply:
Email Careers@white-oak.org to apply. Please submit a brief cover letter and resume. Call 904.225.3318 (Lauren Watkins, Conservation Education Manager) with questions.