Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Coordinator of Youth Volunteers
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 31, 2017, 12:00am
Who We Are Looking For:
A Coordinator of Youth Volunteers that will oversee the Philadelphia Zoo’s youth programs that support the Zoo’s mission, purpose and core values.
What You Will Do:
- Work with Manager of Volunteers in the recruitment of new program members that reflect the diversity of our audiences and communities.
- Responsible for the daily management of youth volunteer groups.
- Responsible for workshops, trainings, field trips, overnight trips, and other events for the youth volunteer program.
- Train new and continuing youth volunteers in job-readiness skills.
- Assists in other Conservation and Education programs as required and performs other duties as assigned.
What This Role Requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant work with youth in an informal education setting.
- Thorough understanding of Volunteer programs and general business principles.
- Must strongly believe in and value the power and contributions of volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which will include weekends, evenings, & holidays.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, facilitating interaction between visitors and Zoo volunteers
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive Pay – We recognize talent and we pay to keep it
- Medical, Dental, Vision –While you have our back on the grounds, we cover yours’ with health insurance
- Annual Leave – We all need a break from time to time
- 401K – There will come a time, when you are ready to retire
- Family membership pass with complimentary tickets – (Warning: You will become a celebrity amongst your family & friends once they hear you work for America’s 1st Zoo)
How to Apply:
Please use the following link to apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15529311