Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 12:30am
Website:The Watershed Institute Employment
Counselors are responsible for a specific age group throughout the summer (5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, or 12-14) and work with up to 2 staff members. In this team you will plan the summer and implement programming.
Our motto is to send the campers home 'Tired, Dirty, and Happy'. This is a seasonal position from Jun-Aug, during weekdays taking place at the Watershed Center in Pennington NJ.
- Supervises and leads 2 Counselors and 1 Counselor-In-Training
- Supervises up to 20 campers age groups vary from 5 to 14
- Works with a team to plan, prepare, teach and evaluate camp programming
- Appropriately models behaviors and uses positive behavior-management techniques
- Conducts day trips, overnight trips, and canoeing trips (most positions)
- Provides first aid
- Cleans and maintains the camp buildings, campus, and equipment
- Must be 17 or older by July 8, 2019
- Availability to work these dates is required (accommodation may be made for certain commitments):
- Ten-day training: Weekdays from June 21 – July 3, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. plus one overnight
- Seven-week camp: Weekdays from July 8 – August 23, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. plus up to 7 overnights and/or evenings. Additional week may be available August 26-30 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Adult and Child First Aid/CPR/AED certification required by June 18, 2019
- Lifeguard, Wilderness First Aid, and water safety certifications very beneficial
- Must enjoy working with kids
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time; ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to work outside in heat, humidity and rain; tolerate ticks, poison ivy, thorns, and dirt
- Experience working with children, preferably in a camp or outdoor setting
- Knowledge of local ecology and natural history is beneficial
- Enthusiasm for nature, the environment, and working with children
- Skilled in communication, collaboration, and cooperation
- Strong patience, flexibility, punctuality, and affinity for teamwork.
- Bi-weekly pay
- Meals provided on overnights
- 2 camp t-shirts to tie-dye
- Partial reimbursement for first aid, cpr, lifeguarding, etc. certifications may be available
- Invaluable experience working with children outdoors
- Healthy exercise
Position Start Date:
Friday, June 21, 2019
How to Apply:
To Apply- send a completed employment application, cover letter, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more oppurtunities visit: thewatershed.org/employment
Stipend starts at $3,215