Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Day Camp Counselor - Camp Hoffman/Green Forest
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 28, 2021, 5:15pm
Day Camp Counselors help campers within their unit live up to the Girl Scout Promise and Law. Plan, carry out, and evaluate daily activities with other camp staff members while developing an appreciation and respect for the outdoors.
Reports To: Camp Director
- June 21- August 10 Monday-Friday (July 5th observed holiday)
- 35 hrs./week (does not include Thursday night campout and shuttle bus duty)
- Attend pre-camp training
- Guide girls within unit to respect the rights of others
- Teach camping skills and build appreciation for the outdoors
- Plan and execute daily activities and lessons
- Work on a team with fellow unit leaders
- Maintain clean units based on COVID-19 guidelines
- Responsible for health and safety of campers- report concerns promptly
- Serve as a watcher while at the waterfront
- Keeps records and make reports as required
- Perform weekly evaluations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Be able to give and/or follow directions in an emergency
- Ability to act as role model for campers
- Experience as a Girl Scout camper or youth leader desirable
- Ability to work on a team
- Be interested, know about, and be skilled in the Girl Scout program & safety practices in a camp setting.
- Willing to work in a camp setting
- High and low ropes elements
- First Aid/CPR
Age: 18 years of age minimum
How to Apply:
Please apply for this position online by May 28, 2021.