Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Development and Grants Specialist
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Development and Grants Specialist AmeriCorps VISTA member will:
- Research and develop a sustainable grant-writing strategy.
- Leverage and strengthen the grant writing process by enhancing Tremont's capacity to articulate the effectiveness of its programs.
- Develop an understanding of the role of grants in Tremont’s success and capacity building.
- Participate in grant writing efforts.
- Create a grant and fundraising toolkit that provides training, resources, and support for schools.
- Develop guidance for the future direction and focus of grants.
GSMIT will provide the following benefits for each VISTA member:
- Housing: VISTA members will be offered onsite housing on GSMIT’s campus in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. VISTA members will be responsible for paying monthly rent to GSMIT. Housing will include a private bedroom with shared bathroom, shower, living room, patio, and kitchen. Housing includes electric (including heat and AC), water, phone, and wireless internet.
- Meals: VISTA members will have access, at no cost, to all meals served in GSMIT’s dining hall during programming. With the exception of parts of December and January, meals are typically served in the dining hall at least twice per day, often seven days per week.
- Training: VISTA members will participate in GSMIT staff training sessions on a variety of topics such as nonprofit management, experiential education pedagogy and methodology, team-building, natural history, etc.
This position will be administered by the Corporation for National Community Service, the parent organization of the AmeriCorps VISTA program. As a member of the VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) program, the successful candidate will receive:
- $11,676 annual living stipend ($973/mo.)
- Choice of education award or end of service stipend
- Health Coverage
- Childcare Assistance
- Relocation Allowance
- AmeriCorps VISTA training
Experience and Education: A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. One or more years experience in any combination of the following: community organization, outreach, professional writing, grant writing, development, account management, and/or donor relations.
Essential skills: Grant writing and research experience. Strong professional writing and public speaking skills. Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
Preferred skills: Donor-relations experience and account management. Background in education.
Position Start Date:
Monday, July 18, 2016
How to Apply:
We aim to fill this position no later than June 13. Please apply as soon as possible. Send a resume and cover letter, detailing your interest in the position and relevant skills, addressed to Caleb Carlton, media and outreach specialist, at email@example.com. For more information or to address inquiries, please email Caleb.