Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Development Coordinator VISTA
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, June 12, 2017, 3:30pm
The Development Coordinator VISTA will be an essential member of the team at the Center for Healthy Aging (CHA). Collaborating closely with the CEO of the CHA and the Reno Senior Citizen Advisory Committee, this person will identify and develop partnerships, health advocacy programs, and financial sponsorships to support the senior services that promote healthy, independent, active, and safe lifestyles as well as increase volunteer opportunities for education and advocacy.
The mission of the Center for Healthy Aging (CHA) is to develop and provide innovative, effective, and efficient programs that are easily accessible and designed to improve the quality of life for elders by helping them maintain independence within their community. We do this primarily by integrating public, private and philanthropic resources to help educate and train caregivers, enhance wellness, and provide models of care that demonstrate efficiencies and cost savings while improving the quality of life for elders. CHA is an independent, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that was incorporated in 2008.
Service Location: Reno, NV
Timeline for Service: August 22, 2017 – August 21, 2018
- Review use of current City facilities for maximum senior programming potential and identify other facilities in Reno that could be used for senior programming;
- Assess Reno’s and CHA’s current fund development strategies and materials;
- Research funding strategies of similar programs across the country;
- Develop new fund development materials including grant proposals;
- Develop information, education, and advocacy program funding;
- Develop and implement a traditional and social media outreach plan;
- Assess the Reno Senior Citizen Advisory Committee’s (SCAC) current strategic plan and make recommendations to CHA and SCAC.
- Passionate commitment to CHA’s mission and vision;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong organizational and research skills;
- High degree of initiative and spirit of service;
- Experience in fund development strategies and materials;
- Preferred: experience in working with the senior community;
- Preferred: experience using social media and traditional media as tools for marketing and outreach.
Center for Healthy Aging’s Development Coordinator VISTA is funded by the Corporations for National and Community Service and will serve within the AmeriCorps VISTA program. AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. To learn more about the AmeriCorps programs visit AmeriCorps.gov.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
How to Apply:
In return for their service, AmeriCorps VISTA members receive a modest living allowance of $980/month and health benefits during their service and have the option of receiving a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,730.00 or post-service stipend of $1,500.00 after completing their service. A relocation travel allowance of no less than $550 may also apply if they are moving.