Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Create a wide range of donor solicitation, stewardship and engagement materials for distribution across a variety of platforms and for a diverse audience, with the goal of building support for Audubon priorities
- Execute donor and prospect communications as planned for the year
- Synthesize information from multiple sources and write copy for communications and fundraising materials. Examples include articles for website, donor newsletter, and e-mail communications; funder proposals and reports; appeal letters; brochures and fliers; board communications
- Gather stories, pictures, and video from program managers, chapters, volunteers and field staff and create donor stewardship/communications content that is adaptable for multiple channels and purposes
- Develop and recommend improved ways to increase effectiveness of social media to attract new donors
- Support stewardship strategy by providing recommendations for mid-level donors
- Write and distribute strategic communications to key media contacts
- Assist with a wide variety of development activities, including reporting, solicitation, and event planning
- Assist in annual mailings to individual and institutional donors
- Process gift transmittals for donations received at the location and enter information into Audubon’s donor database and salesforce for team members. Create and distribute report information
- Manage earned revenue accounts for the center as well as facility partnerships
- Assist Center Director with basic technical and logistical needs, such as travel & expense reconciliation, printing and preparing materials, and fundraising mailings.
- Set up internal and external meetings; help plan staff workshops and cultivation events, order catering, and collaborate with other support staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, fundraising, or related field highly preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience also considered.
- 3+ years’ professional experience in a development position that includes donor communications preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a must, ability to read and write in Spanish at a proficient level.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills. Must write quickly and well under pressure.
- Must be well-organized, able to handle details while pursuing overall goals, consistently meet deadlines, and able to adapt quickly to a new organization.
- Experience developing engaging print and online communications materials for a wide range of audiences.
- Familiarity with basic fundraising principles and best practices.
- Ability to connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds including donors at the four figure level and above. Excellent in-person (face-to-face) skills and telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a member of a team, and with volunteers and partners.
- Experience with donor database systems, specifically Salesforce, and other contact databases strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a discrete and professional manner.
- Photography, sound, and video recording and editing experience a plus but not required.
- Previous online fundraising or annual fund experience a plus.
- Must be willing to travel, as well as commit to some evening and weekend work as needed.
- Valid driver’s license required
How to Apply:
Use the link on this page to apply: https://careers-audubon.icims.com/jobs/3420/development-communications-associate/job