Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Digital Media Member - Homestead National Historic Park
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
American Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service and Homestead National Historical Park, is seeking ONE Digital Media Member to contribute to an interpretive outreach efforts project alongside the Homestead National Historic Park Staff.
For full position announcement and to apply visit: https://usaconservation.applicantpool.com/jobs/747068.html
Start Date: April 26, 2022
End Date: July 17, 2022 (or 12 weeks after start date)
*a 12 week minimum commitment is required *
Location: Beatrice, Nebraska
Homestead National Historical Park is dedicated to remembering the many legacies of the Homestead Act of 1862, which allowed any qualified person to claim up to 160 acres (0.65 km2) of federally owned land in exchange for five years of residence and the cultivation and improvement of the property. The park is five miles (8 km) west of Beatrice, Nebraska on a site that includes some of the first acres successfully claimed under the Homestead Act. It features two visitor centers, two historic structures and 3-miles of woodland and prairie trails.
For more information about Homestead National Historical Park, please visit https://www.nps.gov/home/index.htm.
For more information about ACE, please visit: www.usaconservation.org.
Living Allowance: The ACE Member is expected to contribute ~40 hours/week and will receive a living allowance of $480/week to offset the costs of food and incidental expenses, dispersed bi-weekly.
Housing: ACE members will be provided onsite park housing at no additional cost. Housing includes individual sleeping, a shared kitchen and living space. As many as 3 volunteers and/or interns may be staying in the Park housing units.
AmeriCorps: This position may be eligible for a 450-hour AmeriCorps Education Award ($1,678.57) upon successful completion of service hours. Additional enrollment steps are required.
Scheduling: The selected member is expected to work full time at 40hrs a week.
Position Description: This position will be dedicated to incorporating Historian, Jonathan Fairchild's research into Homestead National Historical Park's interpretive efforts. The selected candidate will do this by leveraging the website and social media platforms to share the stories of female homesteaders. This position will also work directly with guests at the Park to share the experiences of homesteaders.
This individual placement is meant to facilitate professional development and promotes exposure to land management agencies and networking with professionals. This could include gaining experience in different conservation fields and shadowing different work groups.
Public Land Corps Hiring Authority: Members serving under this agreement may be eligible for a hiring authority upon completion of their term of service.
- Members must be US citizen or Permanent Resident, as required to comply with U.S. government contracts
- Willing and able to represent ACE and the partner organization in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner.
- Ability to be both self-directed/work alone, and be a positive, contributing member of a group.
- A valid driver's license and an insurable driving record (documentation to be provided upon request).
- Willing to undergo and must pass required criminal history checks.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- ACE Members must verify that they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or have requested and been granted a medical or religious exemption to vaccination by the time they start their term.
- Competitive applicants for this position can hold or be pursuing a minimum of a bachelor's degree and/or have relevant experience in subject areas such as digital media, public history, historical studies, or graphic design
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Ability and willingness to produce content for websites and social media platform, work on digital layouts of portable exhibits, excel database creation, and strong customer service skills.
- Deep interest in connecting guests and virtual visitors to the stories of female homesteaders.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, a cover letter demonstrating your interest and experience, and contact information for three professional/academic references to the online application page for this position here: https://usaconservation.applicantpool.com/jobs/747068.html
Early consideration will be given as resumes are received. This position may close at any time. If you have any questions regarding this position please feel free to contact ACE EPIC NPS Recruitment Specialist, Victoria Yee, at email@example.com.