Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Communications & Outreach
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, August 7, 2016, 3:00pm
- Develop, execute, and assess NEEF’s organization-wide communications, media outreach and story-telling strategy.
- Oversee the integration of communications and outreach efforts across the organization, including:
- Facilitating communications and marketing needs for internal programs and organizational initiatives.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for placing articles, Op Ed pieces, and Letters to the Editor nationally.
- Producing press and publicity strategies for specific NEEF initiatives with program staff.
- Developing the design, writing, branding and development of NEEF’s communications materials and tools
- Develop, manage, and assess NEEF’s approach to paid and earned media.
- Develop innovative outreach strategies and initiatives, both nationally and locally, that help move target audiences from awareness to action to sustained behavior change.
- Assist in NEEF’s campaign development and implementation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key outreach partners, such as technology, corporate, NGO, production vendors, celebrity spokespeople, healthcare partners, sponsorships and co-branding opportunities.
- Oversee, with Digital Marketing and Technology Manager, NEEF’s digital assets.
- Conduct internal and external presentations as assigned.
- Assess the impact and ROI of all communications activities, making adjustments as needed.
- Work with digital marketing & technology manager to ensure NEEF has the virtual and technological resources needed to achieve its vision.
- Be an expert on NEEF’s target audiences, researching demographics and marketing profiles.
- Advance NEEF’s desire for greater inclusivity, evaluating opportunities to improve the cultural relevancy, multi-lingual, and social diversity of NEEF’s communications.
- Develop annual communications budget and track departmental spending.
- Supervise and lead all members of the communications team, including outside consultants, partner agencies, freelance designers, and production vendors.
- Under the direction and guidance of the President, act as the liaison to designated committees of NEEF’s Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of communications and marketing experience with at least 3 years of senior-level experience developing and executing successful comprehensive communications and outreach strategies.
- Experience in brand management and leveraging social media and digital platforms.
- Passionate, forward-thinking, and detail-oriented leader who is collaborative and motivational.
- Team player who creates trust, exudes credibility, and can elevate enthusiasm across the organization.
- A working knowledge of the environment, specifically environmental education preferred.
- Knowledge of social marketing practices and behavior change a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with senior executives and other staff to achieve goals.
- Motivated by a desire to constantly improve, both personally and professionally.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working individually and as part of a small but growing team.
- Transparent about challenges in addition to progress and success.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of how the nonprofit field operates a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations; and
- Contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Director of Communications & Outreach in the subject line. Only applications with salary requirements or desired salary range will be considered. No phone calls please.
The salary is commensurate with experience. The foundation has excellent benefits.