Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Development
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:00am
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Donor stewardship: collaborate with Executive Director and other staff/development consultants to optimize donor relationships. Provide guidance and written support for donor recognition, write copy for and oversee the production of solicitation materials, and implement and administer a donor mailing list and fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Grants: Research, write, and edit grant applications in collaboration with Executive Director.
- Fundraising Events: Oversee execution of fundraising or donor cultivation events, including but not limited to cocktail parties, salons and panel discussions.
- Corporate outreach: Research and conduct outreach to prospective corporate sponsor partners.
- Stay abreast of philanthropic market trends and charitable giving framework to identify new, creative, and effective fundraising strategies.
- Oversee P/T communications manager and interns and creation of publications and marketing collateral to support fundraising activities.
- Additional support as needed.
- Maintain gift recognition programs and ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization.
- Achieve, at a minimum, annual benchmarks with planned and actualized increased performance thereafter.
- The position requires a motivated professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong network.
- Proven track record of securing major gifts and grants.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Google tools.
- Experience with donor database management a plus.
- Passion for making a difference – environmental and/or education fundraising experience a plus.
- Bachelors degree, and minimum 5-years nonprofit development experience
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Sheehy (Jsheehy@celfeducation.org); Please put “Director of Development Application” in the “Subject” line.