Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Development and Communications
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, April 17, 2017, 12:00am
Mile High Youth Corps (MHYC) develops the potential of each young adult to build their own successful future while making the world a better place. Uniquely combining environmentally-focused community service, work experience, career and post-secondary preparation, leadership development and individualized case management support, MHYC programs build futures – one person, one community, one planet at a time.
This position is responsible for developing the strategy and overseeing the implementation of Mile High Youth Corps’ fundraising program. In addition, this person will work in concert with MHYC program staff to deliver clear and compelling content to donors, supporters, and potential supporters.
This position will have a portfolio of major corporate, foundation, and individual donors and prospects to cultivate, solicit, and steward. They will support and train staff, volunteers, and board members to build their own relationships with donors.
The Director of Development reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will work in close collaboration with our two Regional Directors and Director of Finance and Operations as a member of the senior management team of MHYC. In addition, this position mentors and manages two full-time staff. The CEO dedicates a significant portion of her time to fundraising and the Board is also engaged and involved in raising funds for MHYC’s important work.
- At least seven years of experience in fundraising with a track record of creating strategic fundraising plans and meeting or exceeding targets
- At least three years of experience in managing, mentoring, and building a team of fundraisers
- Experience in soliciting corporate, foundation, and individual major gifts
- Experience in working with staff leadership, board members, program staff, and donors to make connections with donors and prospects for MHYC
- Experience in formulating communications strategies and implementation plans
- Proven financial management and analytical skills, including experience in planning and managing budgets
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Strong commitment to Mile High Youth Corps’ mission, vision and values
- Excellent team-building and organizational management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Superior presentation ability and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere
How to Apply:
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Director of Development and Communications” in the subject line)
Hours & Compensation:
This is a full-time regular, exempt position with an excellent benefits package. All full-time employees qualify for Paid Time Off and most national holidays. Salary range is $65,000-70,000 based on experience. Office hours will be in our office at 953 Decatur Street in Denver. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required for Corps related functions.