Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Early Childhood Education
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 26, 2017, 5:00pm
The Director of Early Childhood Education is a full-time salaried position with a full range of benefits, including vacation, health, dental, vision, and retirement. The Director serves on the Schuylkill Center's leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide the growth and development of the Center’s early childhood education program including Nature Preschool, kindergarten, and other programs for young children.
- Manage and motivate a staff of full-time, part-time, and seasonal teachers.
- Manage communication and positive relationships among the teaching staff, the Center’s staff, families, and children.
- Play a key role in assisting our marketing efforts to attract new audiences.
- Develop, evaluate, and manage the department’s budget.
- Evaluate and adjust the Preschool’s programming to ensure continued success, while working across departments to elevate the Center’s dynamic programs.
- Ensure compliance with all state and city regulating bodies and agencies.
- Represent the department at senior-level staff meetings, all-staff meetings, and Board of Trustee meetings.
- Represent the Center and the Preschool at professional meetings and conferences.
- Significant teaching experience in an Early Childhood Education setting required (and experience managing a preschool, in emergent curricula, and in teaching nature-based lessons in an outdoor setting all preferred).
- An understanding of childhood development, including stages of growth, and how social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs intersect with learning.
- Demonstrated ability in leading a staff, including hiring, developing, mentoring, and evaluation.
- Experience leading workshops and presenting lectures in professional settings.
- Experience in successfully creating, managing, and meeting budgets.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Mastery of the full suite of computer programs, including email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google, etc.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in early childhood education preferred, Bachelor’s required.
- At least two years’ experience in a leadership position at a comparable education institution.
- Exceptional writing, speaking, and teaching skills.
- Must pass background checks and complete all requirements mandated by the state.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references to Mike Weilbacher, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to: Mike Weilbacher, Executive Director, Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education, 8480 Hagy’s Mill Road, Philadelphia, PA 19128.
The application deadline is close of business on Friday, May 29, 2017.