Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Education
Director/Owner of the preschool.
- Program Operations
- Ensure school is in compliance with DOH, NYC and NYS licensing regulation
- Ensure effective and clear communication with teachers and parents
- Develop and oversee school schedules, tours, activities
- Plan school year calendar, staff work calendar and staff schedules
- Supervise registration and enrollment
- Manage the admissions process to ensure a strong student body and a strong reputation for the school
- Be a lead spokesperson, provide tours, manage open houses and pursue PR and business development opportunities for the program development and curriculum
- Implement state of the art best practices in early childhood education and outdoor education
- Develop, implement, and continually improve early childhood curriculum
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, observe, and evaluate staff
- Provide ongoing coaching to improve teaching quality
- Address employee issues and discipline needs
- Remain current on issues and trends in early childhood education
- Oversee parent communication via app, email, one-on-one meetings, social media, and events
The Educational Director must meet all licensing requirements for any and all agencies overseeing the school. A NYS teaching license is required for this position.
How to Apply:
Please contact Angela Speakman at 212.982.4444 or at email@example.com if you are interested in this position.