Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Education
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 30, 2017, 12:00pm
Website:Director of Education
Job Description: The Director of Education will lead the team of CELF Educators to design, implement and support the nationwide delivery of professional development programs for the organization. This person will collaborate with and report to the Executive Director of CELF to support CELF’s mission.
Background and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a classroom teacher and/or school administrator
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Experience with planning and implementing innovative, interactive professional development for teachers
- CURRICULUM DESIGN: Experience with developing and implementing curriculum design that is: student-centered, project-based, and interdisciplinary.
- CURRICULUM STANDARDS: Experience with Common Core Learning Standards, NextGeneration Science Standards, STEM, and other content area standards with a fluent ability to align and integrate them into curriculum design.
- LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS: Experience teaching in diverse learning environments
- PLACE-BASED LEARNING: Experience facilitating service-learning and/or citizen science projects
- SYSTEMS THINKING: Knowledge of and experience with applying dynamic systems thinking to problem-solving.
Skills and Abilities
- FLEXIBILITY: Ability to adapt to necessary changes required during project implementation and day-to-day priorities.
- COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Comfort and experience with various forms of public speaking including panel events, board meetings, and trainings, seminars/workshops.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Ability to effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders
- TECHNOLOGY: Basic computer skills in word processing, publishing, social media, cloud-based platforms.
- LEADERSHIP/MANAGEMENT: Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively with teams of educators. Strength in managing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining staff.
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Skill in managing multiple deadlines, priorities, budgets, and professional development coordination. Ability to keep stakeholders informed using various forms of project management.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS: Oversee professional development programs and manage communications across multiple schools, staff, and community partners. Conceive, develop and implement new programming in conjunction with strategic plans. Coordinate with Finance team to ensure budget targets are achieved.
- EfS CURRICULUM ALIGNMENT: Provide leadership for principals, teachers, and other school learning community members in executing the vertical and horizontal alignment of Education for Sustainability PBL curriculum through professional learning communities
- PROGRAM ASSESSMENT: Work collaboratively in all aspects of program assessment with independent evaluators and applies data analyses strategically in making decisions for program improvement.
- BEST PRACTICES: Keep current in EfS and standards-based curriculum best practices and take proactive steps toward continual program improvement
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Assume leadership role in pursuing new contracts, cultivating partnerships and working collaboratively with community partners in program delivery, mentoring, and community outreach. Work with Finance team to ensure high quality proposals are submitted.
- MANAGEMENT: Lead Educator team. Ensure clear communication of goals and objectives and keep projects on track. Regularly review performance and offer feedback. Balance schedules and priorities. Motivate and inspire to create a high functioning and productive environment.
Position Start Date:
Monday, June 26, 2017
How to Apply:
Send resumes, cover letter and inquiries to:
Ms. Jennifer Sheehy, Finance and Business Manager
Salary is commensurate with experience and other similar positions at nonprofit organizaitons.