Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Human Capital
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Environmental Charter Schools
Environmental Charter Schools is looking for Director of Human Capital to act as the chief people person and oversee all things related to ECS Culture, Recruiting and Retention, Training and Development and Planning for Change. This is an amazing opportunity to join a progressive organization committed to graduating first-generation college bound leaders who care about their communities.
Who We Are
Environmental Charter Schools (ECS) is an innovative network of free public schools serving South Los Angeles. Founded in 2001, ECS is comprised of a high school and two middle schools, and serves more than 1,000 students each year. Our mission is to create and deliver vibrant, innovative, interdisciplinary learning opportunities using the environment to engage students and connect them to the wider world so that all students are equipped with the knowledge and skills to graduate from college, inspired to discover their own sense of purpose and empowered to become quality stewards of their own communities.After being identified by the White House in 2010, ECS continues to win awards for its educational program; and more importantly, 97% of our students are graduating with admission to a UC or Cal State.
Who You Are
You are an integral part of the ECS culture, providing the best workplace for our growing team. You thrive on collaboration, you’re an active networker happily helping our values and passion take root throughout our network and community.
The Human Capital Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for leading the human capital strategy at the charter management offices and across the ECS network of schools, including but not limited to leading initiatives to improve recruiting and hiring, employee relations and culture building, educator and administrator development and support. The Human Resources Director will help support and implement our strategic plan initiatives through his/her analysis, data-driven approach, and operational mindset.
- Strategize with our executive team to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Own all aspects of the employee lifecycle including overseeing recruiting, onboarding and managing talent, paying special attention to developing and directing an ECS teacher pipeline program in a teacher shortage market while prioritizing recruiting hiring and retaining faculty and staff of color.
- Establish programs, strategies and processes related to compensation and benefit packages, staffing, performance management, employee engagement, talent management/ organizational development and employee relations in order to meet organizational objectives.
- Proactively assess and improve upon organizational communication channels from a company-wide level to manager / employee and peer-to-peer relations.
- Build strong relationships within the organization through thought leadership, coaching, mentoring, conflict resolution and people advocacy.
- Work closely with executive team to oversee and enhance ECS’s leadership and organizational development and career path strategies.
- Manage ECS’s HR team ensuring the department serves as an internal resource for all employee compensation and benefits related needs.
- Establish, refine and maintain employment policies and practices that comply with federal and state regulations.
- Collaborate with the executive team on all employee-related ECS events, retreats, training courses and volunteer opportunities.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- ECS pays for full medical for an individual on our HMO plan. Additional options available
- Flexible working options
- Family-like culture
- Work with bright, fun, talented executives who love what they do
- Experience in HR administration, managing and implementing HR processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources. Advanced degree preferred.
- Accessible and effective in dealing with people at all levels in the organization.
- Knowledgeable and up to date on all federal and state regulations with reference to employee guidelines.
- Bonus points if you have HR experience in the education sector and specifically charter organizations.
ECS does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. ECS complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Only completed applications will be considered.
How to Apply:
To apply, click here
Salary commensurate with experience