Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Programming
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 31, 2017, 4:00pm
Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center is an accredited residential environmental education school located on 2000 acres of forested land near Lake Superior in Northern Minnesota. Program are designed for persons of all ages and abilities. It offers immersion programs which involve direct observation and participation in outdoor experiences and focus on ecology and science, human culture and history, personal growth, group building and outdoor recreation. The Center's mission is to:
- Foster awareness, curiosity and sensitivity to the natural world.
- Promote social understanding, respect and cooperation.
- Model values, behaviors and technologies which promote a sustainable lifestyle.
- Develop a citizenry that has the knowledge, skills, attitudes, motivation and commitment to act together for a quality environment.
- Rekindle the concepts of conservation and stewardship.
Program Creation & Scheduling
- Ensure lesson plans are prepared and implemented that meet camp outcomes, the abilities of the campers and are fun
- Ensure staff are prepared to teach predetermined activities
- Coordinate all camp program and campfire activities with other staff
- Create program and activity schedules
- Work with the Director of Counseling to develop and supervise staff schedule for programs and activities
- Able to make responsible decisions and judgments about programming in the Director’s absence
- Able to lead large groups of kids in camp games, activities and crafts
- Take the Initiative to see problems, find solutions, and make recommendations as it relates to your area of responsibility
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures during camp programs
- Provide guidelines for programs utilizing camp equipment
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in all program areas
- Oversee daily checks of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
- Ensure that program areas are kept fee of hazards and debris
Camp Reporting & Evaluation
- Collect and evaluate records; report and evaluate camp program and activity areas
- Work with the Director of Counselors to supervise and evaluate counselors in the development and implementation all facets of camp program activities
- Evaluate the success of the program and the development of the campers’ abilities and skills in various program activities
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Proof of CPR and first aid training, and a minimum of one year’s summer camp experience.
- Willingness to receive lifeguarding and/or wilderness water safety certification
- Display enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control; and be in good physical and emotional health
- Take the initiative to see problems, find solutions, and make recommendations as it relates to your area of responsibility
- Maintain a professional appearance; and possess good character, integrity, and flexibility
- Responsible, hard-working and detail oriented
- Minimum age 21
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
How to Apply:
To apply for a position please complete an application located at https://wolfridge.campbrainstaff.com/
Position pays $320/week plus room & board is provided
218-353-7414 ext 110