Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director, Roots & Shoots Partnerships
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, June 2, 2022, 9:30pm
Website:Roots & Shoots
Reporting to the Senior Director of Roots & Shoots, the Director, Roots & Shoots Partnerships cultivates and manages key relationships with informal education organizations, including zoos, aquariums, gardens, museums, universities, after school networks, and more. With a focus on key markets across the U.S., the Director has primary responsibility for identifying strategically advantageous partnerships with like-minded organizations, cultivating and formalizing mutually beneficial partnerships with those organizations, and supporting them for maximum and mutual benefit.
The Director works closely with the Roots & Shoots Network Manager in key markets. Increasing Roots & Shoots participation across the U.S. is the primary driver, as well as diversifying the participant pool. The Director also supports Roots & Shoots in four African countries, managing grant application process and reporting functions, reviewing materials, and acting as the point of contact at JGI U.S. Additionally, the Director is responsible for gathering and reporting Roots & Shoots U.S. program participation data.
This position is based at the JGI U.S. headquarters in Washington, DC. Regular business travel is required.
Knowledge & Skills
- The Director will have existing knowledge of informal education institutions in large U.S. cities. They possess a mission mindset centered on educating young people as planetary stewards. They also possess a business mindset that can identify, shape, and articulate fruitful relationships that will yield greater numbers of program participants.
Additionally, the Director will have:
- Deep knowledge of the U.S. K-12 education landscape, including formal and informal education providers, project-based learning, and experience-based education.
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, video conference and phone), through which program mission and goals are conveyed and creative partnership arrays are explored.
- Acumen with project management, including organizational skills, multi-tasking, and the ability to prioritize competing projects.
- Strategic and creative thinking when developing “gives” and “gets” in partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully across organizational units.
- Success in maintaining mutually beneficial organizational relationships.
- Ability to set ambitious goals, articulate goals internally, and report on program performance.
- Ability to use financial data to support strategic decision-making and use financial indicators to modify program operations when necessary.
- Proficiency with major software programs including Microsoft Office Suite
Additional Characteristics and Attributes
- An unwavering belief in the power of young people to make a positive difference in their lives, their communities, and the world.
- Willingness to seek feedback, adapt practices, and continuously learn and evolve as a leader.
- A sense of humor and ability to find joy in challenging work.
- Commitment to collaboration and the core Roots & Shoots mantra: “together we can, together we will!”
- Commitment to JGI values of inclusion, adaptability, and the growth mindset.
- 6-8 years’ experience in program management, business development, or operations in an arena involving multiple organizations such as an association, membership organization, alliance, or consortium.
- Proven ability to effectively work within a team
- B.A. or B.S. Master’s preferred.
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
How to Apply:
To apply, visit the Jane Goodall Institute job listing for Director, Roots & Shoots Partnerships.