Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Donor Engagement & Events Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 27, 2022, 11:15pm
The Donor Engagement and Events Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing an annual schedule of cultivation projects and events, including overseeing all aspects of the Wildlife Conservation Awards Dinner. Through these activities the manager appropriately and consistently ensures major individual donor engagement and stewardship. The manager works closely with senior leadership, major gifts officers, and communications staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, manage and execute the Annual Wildlife Conservation Awards Dinner which includes coordinating the honoree selection process, speaker selection and communication, drafting promotional materials, supporting fundraising efforts, overseeing design and production of printed materials and program elements, and managing all logistics and event staffing.
- In consultation with the VP and major gifts directors, organize virtual events, small dinners, receptions, and invitation-only trips to promote donor engagement and advance Defenders’ mission.
- Manage vendor relationships and direct support activities by Development operations staff
- Provide logistical support to the President's office for Board of Directors meetings as needed
- Engage in continuous improvement of the event programs and processes and the business practices that support them. These include but are not limited to: event timelines and checklists; staff roles and responsibilities; communication; maintenance of event information on database; registration processes; and post event de-briefings and follow-up.
- Prepare and monitor annual events budget.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
- Experience: 4 years of experience in development with an emphasis on special event planning and execution, including large fundraising dinners, small receptions, and small donor trips. Excellent project management and organizational skills, strong interpersonal communication and writing abilities, familiarity with donor database systems.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities for Donor Engagement and Events Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities specific to the position
- Organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Works effectively as a member of a team
- Good judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Knowledge of principles and techniques relevant to major gift fundraising
- Understanding of individual donor needs and perceptions
- Willingness to act as the lead on an event or play a supportive role as circumstances dictate
- Demonstrates diplomacy, tact and professionalism
- Ability to travel and work additional hours as needed
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Defenders requires employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An applicant (i) who is disabled or pregnant or who has a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from this vaccination policy. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with applicable law. Any medical information concerning an applicant's disability will be treated as a confidential medical record in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please be advised this position is union-eligible.
How to Apply:
Visit www.defenders.org to apply.