Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, July 25, 2016, 5:00pm
Website:Hazel Wolf K-8 E-STEM School
In August, we move to our new, internationally recognized green building, specifically designed to support our E-STEM program. Environmental features include solar and geothermal systems, a rainwater-fed living wall, habitat landscaping, rain garden, green roof, and more, all to be integrated into our science program.
We offer a unique curriculum that teaches students scientific concepts and methods and application of these skills to local and global environmental issues. Outdoor activities complement classroom learning and cultivate an appreciation of the natural world. Our curriculum integrates environmental science throughout math, social sciences, literacy and the arts. Close partnerships with families and community are fostered to support our learning objectives. Our approach empowers creative and critical thinkers who nurture themselves, their community and their environment.
Oversee Residency Programs including:
- Camp Sealth (4th)
- Mount Rainier Institute (6th)
- NatureBridge (5th and 8th)
- Lead Professional and Program Development: Work with administration to identify areas for growth and support and host professional development for staff as grade bands, specific grade levels or topics of interest.
- Develop and Deliver Curriculum: continue to refine and implement our integrated, multidisciplinary environmental science curriculum.
- Coordinate school-wide E-STEM Events and Programs:
- E-STEM Career Day
- Science Fair
- E-STEM Celebration
- Cafeteria Compost program
- Maintain and grow our relationships with the PTSA and community members to support our program.
Teaching Responsibilities: Periodically deliver and coordinate program elements across all grade levels, including:
- K - Lead K investigations or monthly Sit Spots
- 1st - Teach Focus on Engineering, monthly Sit Spots, organize garden program
- 2nd - Coordinate field studies and monthly Sit Spots
- 3rd - Teach & coordinate Finding Urban Nature
- 4th - Teach Salmon unit (live tank, observations and release), Digital Literacy
- 5th - Digital Literacy and Science Writing
- MS - Introduction to Environmental Studies
Position Start Date:
Thursday, August 25, 2016
How to Apply:
Apply via Seattle Public Schools Job listings: http://www.seattleschools.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=627&pageId=15203
Search for Hazel Wolf K-8 - .80 Teacher-Middle School Teacher.
Requires K-8 teaching certificate and classroom experience. Environmental Education experience preferred.
Position is currently listed as .80 FTE but funding is being sought to possibly increase it to 1.0 FTE for 2016-2017 school year. Will be 1.0 beginning 2017-2018. Also, though listed as a middle school teacher position, the E-STEM coordinator teaches and provides support in E-STEM at all grades K-8.
For more information, contact principal Debbie Nelsen: firstname.lastname@example.org.
$46,728 - $91,299 depending on years of experience, education and number of credits.