Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Early Childhood Instructor: Baby Boojums Teacher
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, January 27, 2017, 1:00pm
Primary responsibilities include:
- Teach assigned preschool classes during all scheduled sessions
- Engage with infants and caregivers as a class and on an individual level
- Assist with the weekly preparation, organization and stocking of supplies and materials needed for classes
- Effectively communicate with parents, caregivers, volunteers and staff
- Participate in Baby Boojums and Early Childhood Education team meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by Informal Science Education Coordinator and work collaboratively with members from other Garden departments
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor level degree in elementary or early childhood development or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated teaching experience at early childhood level including the ability to create a student-centered, experiential learning environment
- Ability to implement knowledge of early childhood development stages and milestones into lessons
- A background in desert ecology, biology or environmental science or desire to learn
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexibility to instruct, manage and engage students in both indoor and outdoor classrooms
- Ability to traverse Garden trails in all weather conditions during year-round outdoor work.
- Light bending and lifting (up to 25 lbs.) associated with routine job duties
How to Apply:
To apply for an open position, please e-mail resume and letter of interest to Human Resources at: email@example.com, or fax to: (480) 481-8173, unless otherwise instructed.