Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Early Childhood Naturalist/Educator
Availability: Position is part-time, 12-20 hours per week, depending on preference. Educators are expected to attend training sessions and regular staff meetings. The occasional weekend special event is also required.
Compensation: $11.00 - $13.00/hour, commensurate with experience.
- Share Tyler’s rich heritage, collections and landscape to inspire and engage stewards of the natural world
- Develop, plan and deliver nature-based programs for toddlers, and preschool/ kindergarten. Programs are typically 1-1.5 hours in length.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate learning environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth
- Set up and prepare for group arrival and clean up and put away equipment and supplies used for programs
- Know and understand emergency procedures associated with the organization
(Note: Tyler has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.)
- Experience working with children ages 18 months – 6 years required
- Ability to develop and lead engaging and fun environmental programming for young children
- Strong organizational, problem solving, computer and logistical skills
- The desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere
- Strong desire and ability to participate in outdoor activities with youth and staff, in all weather conditions
- First aid and CPR certification required, or willing to be trained
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Once offered a position, you must satisfactorily complete the required background checks
- General work on the Arboretum’s grounds
- Requires frequent and prolonged standing, walking, bending, kneeling, pulling, twisting and climbing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Early Childhood Educator/Naturalist will work in shared office space with a small and supportive staff. Educator will be provided with all tools necessary to complete job requirements. Position duties are split between indoor office work and outdoor activities.
About Tyler: Tyler Arboretum, a public garden in the Philadelphia suburbs, covers 650 acres of renowned plant collections, champion trees, historic buildings, with 17 miles of hiking trails through woodlands, wetlands, and meadows. Tyler offers workshops, classes, and tours for adults and children throughout the year.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your cover letter and résumé to Liz Hornbach, Youth Programs Manager, LHornbach@tylerarboretum.org Applications will be accepted with a rolling deadline, until position is filled.
Tyler Arboretum~ 515 Painter Road ~ Media, PA 19063