Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education and Communication Coordinator (Maternity Leave)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, August 10, 2016, 4:30pm
The Creston Valley Wildlife Management Authority is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to fill the position of Education and Communication Coordinator for one year. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of the Creston Valley Wildlife Interpretation Centre, the delivery of communications, and promotion of the Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area (CVWMA)
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Education and Communication Coordinator will lead the delivery of K-7 spring and fall school programs, summer "junior naturalists" programs, stewardship programs, and public programs and events at the Creston Valley Wildlife Interpretation Centre. The Coordinator will also be responsible for keeping CVWMA members and the general public informed about CVWMA activities through promotions and a variety of communication media.
The successful candidate will need to be adaptable, autonomous, and creative to ensure the delivery of high quality education and public programs. The position requires to work both independently and as a team member, and be flexible to assume duties that fall outside the general duties of the position.
Three to five years of directly related experience in environmental education in a supervisory or management position would be preferable for this term position located at the Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area, near Creston, British Columbia.
The position is full-time: 4 days/wk from 19 Sept 2016 to 28 Feb 2017 and 5 days/week from 1 Mar to 31 Oct 2017.
- Post-secondary education with a focus on environmental education, wildlife/wetland ecology or biology, nature interpretation or related discipline;
- Demonstrated experience delivering K-7 and public education programs;
- Demonstrated supervisory skill and experience with hiring staff;
- Exceptional organization skills with ability to administer simultaneous projects, and aptitude to function with minimal supervision;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, preferably with experience with basic website maintenance, social media outlets, and design of electronic communications;
- Experience with grant application and reporting;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of programs and familiarity with Mac computer systems; familiarity with desktop publishing and fundraising software;
- A valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle;
- Valid first aid training
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and interested in this unique opportunity, please submit a cover letter (including salary expectations) and a current résumé for confidential consideration to the attention of:
Marc-André Beaucher, Head of Operations
Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area
Closing deadline: Wednesday August 10th, 2016, 4:30 p.m. PDT