Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education and Outreach Associate
The Cumberland River Compact is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the health and enjoyment of the Cumberland River and its tributaries through education, restoration, and collaboration. Serving three million people and thousands of species, the Cumberland River Compact works to address root causes of water pollution, both urban and rural. Integral to the success of our mission are our knowledgeable and dedicated staff that embody the values of our organization, and work closely as a team to advance conservation goals.
The Education and Outreach Associate will report to the Education and Outreach Manager and is responsible for coordinating and delivering high-quality youth education programs to schools and community groups. We are seeking a qualified candidate with interest and experience in delivering environmental education programs and developing new programs focused on fostering a connection with nature. The Education and Outreach Associate is expected to spend approximately 60% of their time directly engaging with students and teachers at schools and community programs.
The Cumberland River Compact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, inclusion, and equal opportunity and actively seek a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
- Coordinate and deliver high-quality environmental education programs for classrooms, afterschool group, and community groups in-person and virtually.
- Conduct outreach and marketing for school programs including connecting with local school districts. Serve as the main point of contact for all school program inquiries including contract processing, invoicing, and communication.
- Maintain organization and inventory of program supplies and submit material orders when needed.
- Develop and update curriculum for K-12 school programs in accordance with the Cumberland River Compact model.
- Support community education outreach and events including River Talks, the City Nature Challenge, neighborhood/HOA outreach, and business engagement.
- Develop educational materials including flyers, activities, and formal signage.
- Assist with Family Engagement programs like the annual Waterfest – a youth education special event.
- Support other Education and Outreach activities as assigned by the Education and Outreach Manager
See all details and qualifications here: https://www.cnm.org/job/education-and-outreach-associate/
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call regarding this position.