Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education Assistant Coordinator-Part Time
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Cibolo Nature Center & Farm
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- This position requires direct experience in the field of education or outdoor recreation program execution. The Education Assistant Coordinator must demonstrate good organizational and excellent communication skills in working with adults and children.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks, manage groups and activities, meet deadlines with limited supervision
- High energy with the ability to multi-task, be flexible and exhibit patience
- Proven performance of successful work in the education field
- Creative, innovative self-starter who likes a challenge
- Comfortable with a collaborative team work environment
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to respect confidential information and handle it appropriately
- Ability to work with and manage a broad spectrum of people to include teachers, children and teens and volunteers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate the Outdoor Classroom program under the direction of the Director of Children’s Education.
- Act as a liaison to the community for the education department and be knowledgeable of all education programs and how the department relates to the organization
- Assist with children’s education component of annual CNC & Farm programming including but not limited to the annual plant sale, annual Boerne parades, Art in the Park, Science in Nature, Summer Family Fun Festival, Family Fall Festival, and Outdoor Family Fair
- Create and maintain systematic organization within the department
- Assist in Adult Education programs
OUTDOOR CLASSROOM DUTIES:
- Coordinate all aspects of outdoor classroom programming including but not limited to teacher communication (verbal and written), and school scheduling and confirmations.
- Be the liaison between OC volunteer guides and visiting schools.
- Assist with bi-annual OC guide organizational meetings.
- Create and maintain outdoor classroom schedule, assign volunteers to activities.
- Ensure that school field trips are ready to go as scheduled.
- Be familiar with all OC activities.
- Take over as OC activity leader if necessary.
- Maintain all activity kits, order supplies and maintain OC storage and organization.
- Monitor the OC program while in progress- assisting OC guides or school groups if necessary.
- Develop resource materials for OC lessons such as information binders and lesson videos.
- Follow up with visiting teachers – assuring evaluations are out and then returned.
- Communicate with and maintain strong relationships with OC volunteer guides.
- Maintain OC season reports and documenting volunteer hours.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and maintain volunteers to teach in the OC.
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time 20-25 hours per week, paid hourly. Salary based on experience.