Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 5:00pm
Cochran Mill Nature Center, a non-profit education facility, is seeking a dynamic, energetic, education coordinator to oversee all aspects of its environmental education programming. The education coordinator will oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the education programming at the center. The program audience is grades PK-12, college students, teachers, homeschoolers, and families. The position reports to the executive director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes, plans, schedules, bills, and facilitates all education programs.
- Creates new programs and updates existing programs to keep current with State Standards and innovating teaching techniques.
- Purchases and prepares program materials for teachers and students.
- Oversees and serves as the primary camp coordinator for all camp programs and teachers.
- Manages program reservations, sends confirmations and contracts. Tracks and collect deposits and payments timely.
- Communicates with customers to ensure successful programs.
- Familiar with and able to keep up to date with in house animal handling protocols for invertebrates, arachnids, reptiles, birds of prey, and bats.
- Works with Executive Director to achieve budgetary revenue goals.
- Creates monthly reports for programs and expenses.
- Works in a team environment welcoming guests to the Nature Center, assisting them with information, and general assistance.
- Creates flyers, brochures, and marketing pieces for education programs.
- Assists with special events. Also assists with wildlife care, and rehab animals on occasion when needed.
- Advanced knowledge of environmental education, Georgia native wildlife, and threats to wildlife.
- Works with staff, volunteers, interns, and board of directors.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Animal handling experience a must.
- Experience developing programs and teaching children in a formal or non-formal environment.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular schedule of M-F 8:30-5:00 when needed for programming, special events, or animal coverage.
- Proficient with MS Office programs.
- Bachelors degree in Education, Science, or Environmental related field. Teaching experience a plus.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and enthusiastic for protecting and teaching about wildlife.
- Georgia Drivers License required.
- Familiar with Project Wild and Project Wet a plus. NAI certified preferred.
- Able to lift 50 or less pounds.
- Must understand and accept demands placed on employees of a non-profit organization including flexibility in work duties.
Cochran Mill Nature Center is located 20 minutes south of the Atlanta airport in Chattahoochee Hills. The center is a 501c3 non-profit environmental education facility and is home to a collection of non-releasable reptiles and birds of prey. Its mission is to encourage community awareness and active environmental stewardship through education and wildlife rehabilitation programs. Its vision is to be the dynamic resource center for outstanding environmental education and wildlife rehabilitation, serving our diverse communities within the Atlanta Southern Crescent region.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references to Terri Clark, Executive Director, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by January 31, 2017.