Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Develop, train, and manage field education team and schedule trips
- Implement marketing plans and increase school participation in River Explorer and new Mussels in the Classroom program (a companion program to River Explorer)
- Lead and conduct ½ day experiential education field trips for 4th – 12th grade students and special groups as part of the education team, including: safety review, educational activities, wildlife observation, biological sampling, water quality testing, ecosystem and watershed concepts
- Manage and maintain educational and scientific equipment
- Job will require local travel
- Assist staff with program development
- This physically demanding position involves seasonal exposure to the elements.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 years college coursework in biology, ecology, or related field, and ability to demonstrate knowledge of ecological and hydrologic processes
- Education coursework or experience in education required
- Experience with children in an educational setting preferred
- Experience and/or training in office practices and procedures, including customer service or public relations; operating basic office machines and equipment
- Proficient in MS Office software desired
- Marketing and/or sales experience
- Strong communication skills desired; ability to work self-directed and as team member
- General knowledge of environmental legislation and conservation issues
- Able to make decisions quickly and independently
- Ability to communicate in a professional, accurate, and enthusiastic manner.
Position is part-time and hours will vary season to season. Hours are flexible and can range from 5-30 hours per week, depending upon peak or off-peak season.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Ohio River Foundation, P.O. Box 42460, Cincinnati, OH 45242
513-469-6755 (fax) or email@example.com