Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Education Coordinator position is based in the unique, tourism-oriented village of Arrow Rock, Missouri, which is a state and national Historic Site adjacent to the Big Muddy National Wildlife Refuge Jamieson Island unit. MRBO’s education programs take place in Arrow Rock and at many other locations throughout Missouri.
The MRBO Education Coordinator is responsible for driving all aspects of the organization’s education program. Their main responsibility is to coordinate and implement a variety of education programming to diverse audiences (more details below). They will work closely with our Nature School Coordinator and report to the MRBO Directors. The Education Coordinator works independently as well as in partnership with other organizations and volunteers. MRBO is a small organization with big impact, and we pride ourselves on our ability to make things happen. This position is your chance to get your ideas for educational programming heard, developed, and implemented.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, develop, and present custom bird programs to schools, other non-profit organizations, clubs, businesses, and the public
- Coordinate and lead the Missouri Young Birders Club
- Act as Camp Director for the Young Explorers’ Camp:
- Coordinate intern(s), volunteers, guest presenters, campers, and parents
- Develop and implement programming and activities
- Manage camp equipment and supplies
- Lead events and tours at MRBO’s BirdHouse, our visitor center on Arrow Rock’s Main Street
- Oversee development and implementation of Virtual Nature School
- Present “Weekly Webinars” for Grades 3-5
Advertise lessons for Grades 6-8
Assist Nature School Coordinator with Arrow Rock Nature School programming and development
- Assist with coordination of annual Birds and Bees Festival in Arrow Rock, MO
- Attend, and sometimes present at, professional conferences for professional development and networking/partnership development
- Work with and develop relationships with MRBO’s partner organizations and agencies
- Serve as a MRBO representative on committees, such as Experience Arrow Rock, Missouri Bird Conservation Initiative, and Missouri Green Schools
- Assist with a variety of other public outreach opportunities as needed
The ideal candidate:
- Is highly passionate about environmental education, specifically avian education
- Has a multitude of experiences giving nature and outdoor programs to a variety of audiences
- Has enthusiasm for event and program coordination
- Is comfortable working and teaching outdoors and in the field
- Has experience organizing and presenting virtual programming
- Has ecological understanding from former education and/or experience
- Has basic bird identification skills/ ability to lead groups on bird outings
- Enjoys growing partnerships, networking, and collaboration
- Is familiar with the main social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and has experience creating content
- Has some experience with grant writing
Hours, Salary and Benefits:
- This position requires the candidate to live in the mid-Missouri area and be on site several times per week. Temporary shared lodging will be available if the Education Coordinator relocates and needs time to locate suitable housing.
- Schedule is variable and based on program needs.
- This is a full time, salaried position. Salary will be $30K - $32K based on project budget and candidate’s experience.
- Work-related travel expenses (personal vehicle use, lodging) are reimbursed.
- Benefits include paid time off and paid holidays.
- Position will start around April 11th and continue as permanent position.
- Full immersion training by current Education Coordinator for 3.5 months at start of position.
MRBO values diversity of all kinds and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Start Date:
Monday, April 11, 2022
How to Apply:
Hours, Salary and Benefits:
· This position requires the candidate to live in the mid-Missouri area and be on site several times per week. Temporary shared lodging will be available if the Education Coordinator relocates and needs time to locate suitable housing.
· Schedule is variable and based on program needs.
· This is a full time, salaried position. Salary will be $30K - $32K based on project budget and candidate’s experience.
· Work-related travel expenses (personal vehicle use, lodging) are reimbursed.
· Benefits include paid time off and paid holidays.
· Position will start around April 11th and continue as permanent position.
· Full immersion training by current Education Coordinator for 3.5 months at start of position.