Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education Coordinator: Youth Program Specialist
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Natural History Museum of Utah
The Natural History Museum of Utah is seeking an enthusiastic leader and lifelong learner to help mentor ethnically diverse, low income middle and high school participants in our Youth Teaching Youth Program. The YTY Specialist will assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of participant activities, meetings, training sessions, field trips, and outreach teaching.
- Collaborate with program coordinator in planning and implementing meetings, educational field trips, training sessions, teaching schedule, college visits, museum events and other activities.
- Support and facilitate training sessions for high school and middle school program participants focusing on various scientific subjects and teaching methods.
- Ensure quality and consistency of communication with program participants, parents and teachers.
- Supervise, support and evaluate students as they teach and participate in program activities to ensure program goals and expectations are met.
- Transport students to and from teaching assignments and educational activities.
- Track relevant program data in alignment with program and reporting needs as determined by program coordinator.
- Support and participate in periodic, overnight field trips for program participants.
- Maintain efficient systems for stocking and maintaining program equipment and materials.
- Develop and maintain professional peer contacts with partner organizations and internal staff in order to stay current on educational and scientific information and to pursue collaborative opportunities.
- Deliver extraordinary customer service to all Museum audiences and internal staff.
How to Apply:
More information at University of Utah’s Employment:
University of Utah Job Title: Education Coordinator
Job Code: 0137
NHMU Budget for position: $33,000-$38,000