Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Education Director will be responsible for the successful development and implementation of zoo educational programming to meet the needs of formal and informal audiences on and off Zoo grounds. This position will also supervise staff, interns, and/or volunteers to ensure exceptional learning experiences. Oversees the zoo’s creation and delivery of educational programming including classroom instruction, curriculum and printed materials. Oversees training of others in correct presentation and animal handling procedures. Assists in the integration of educational & conservational messaging in Zoo’s Special Events. Because of the nature of the zoo business, all zoo employees must be available to work weekends.
- Three years of experience working in education at a zoo, aquarium, or similar establishment.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, Elementary Education, general science education, zoology, environmental science, mathematics or technology or a closely related discipline
- Experience in creating, implementing, and evaluating formal and informal learning experiences
- Two years of supervisory and coordination of volunteers experience.
- Must have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective time management skills.
- Experience and knowledge of animal ambassador planning, training, and handling
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment and graphic presentation techniques.
- Knowledge of Core Curriculum and Science Standards.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with coworkers
- Proven experience with animal operant conditioning training
- Interpretive graphic design and writing
- Experience with Wordpress or other website design platform
- Experience with Centaman or other registration system
Successful applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be eligible for a Mississippi driver’s license.
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Jackson Zoological Society, 2918 West Capitol Street, Jackson, MS 39209, by fax at 601-352-2594 or via email to email@example.com with Education in the subject line. Interviews by appointment only.