Education Fellowship

This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.


Seward, AK
United States

Job Category:


Job Type:


Job Description:

The Alaska SeaLife Center is the only facility in Alaska that combines a public aquarium with marine research, education, and wildlife response.

We provide marine science education programs to over 200,000 people each year from pre-K to lifelong learners, with audiences here in Alaska and around the world.

We’re seen as a leader in the informal science education field, and a go-to resource for understanding the impacts climate change is having on the marine environment of the North Pacific and Arctic.  

2017/18 marks the first year that the Alaska SeaLife Center (ASLC) will be taking the direct lead in the coordination and hosting of Alaska’s regional final of the National Ocean Sciences Bowl. The fellowship will work closely with the project leader in the Education Department to coordinate the 2017/18 event.

Responsibilities include contact with coaches and teams around Alaska, harmonization of volunteers to roles, general organization before and during the event, follow-up after the local event and through the completion of the national bowl.   

We are looking for a fellow who is eager to learn and expand their skills in organization, education, public speaking, and teamwork. Housing is provided, and some remote work and travel is possible.

The successful candidate will spend approximately 80% of their time assisting in the coordination of the Tsunami Bowl. The remaining ~20% will be spent assisting in other Education Department operations (which may include helping the Education and Interpretation Teams deliver programs to school groups or interactions with Center guests in the aquarium exhibits).

The preferred dates for this fellowship position would be approximately October 2017 – April 2018

How to Apply: