Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education Floor Staff
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, January 30, 2017, 6:00pm
INFINITY Science Center
Educational Floor Staff
Educational Floor Staff
Director of Education
The Educational Floor Staff promotes INIFNITY Science Center’s mission by providing superior visitor experiences through exhibits, hospitality, and by enhancing the visitor’s educational experiences through STEM activities. The Educational Floor Staff will explain and show educational movies, do science activities with guests, and visit with guests about the science center, answering questions and providing accurate information. Staff may be called to deliver the tram script and assist with classes on an as-needed basis. The Educational Floor Staff will handle challenging situations calmly, with respect and a positive problem-solving mindset.
- Enrolled in college or successful completion of a college degree
- Previous experience with informal education a plus
- Experience working with children and families a plus
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and professionalism when interacting with visitors, staff and volunteers
- Has the ability and willingness to follow oral and written instructions
- Possesses good work habits and is extremely dependable
- Is able to handle tense circumstances and keep a positive mindset
- Is able to problem solve in a timely manner
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Insatiably curious and willing to learn new things
- Demonstrates aptitude for assigned responsibilities
- Has an eye for detail
- Possesses extensive problem solving skills
- Be on time.
- Dress appropriately according to the Education Staff Manual
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- Follow the given schedule each and every day
- Stay in assigned area of the museum
- Interact with guests in a positive manner
- Explain and run “shows” according to the schedule using the script that is given (the script will be memorized)
- Be respectful of guests, fellow staff members and volunteers
- Problem solving
- Oral communication
- Working inside in a loud environment
- Working outside on occasion
Terms of Employment:
Part time-up to 30 hours per week-Monday-Saturday 8:30-4:00
Must pass a standard drug test
Must pass a background check
Periodic evaluations will be performed. The basis of the evaluation will be the extent to which the performance responsibilities of the job are successfully handles and the extent to which job goals are met.
The INFINITY Science Center expects that all employees will perform assigned duties, diligently, professionally, and efficiently and in compliance with all policies and procedures as well as all federal and state laws.
NOTE: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities or the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at the present or in the future.
Contact: Please email cover letter, two references and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The position is open until filled.
INFINITY Science Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, INFINITY Science Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IFINITY Science Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of INFINITY Science Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
resume and 3 references to diane @visitinfinity.com