Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Annapolis Maritime Museum
The Education Center of the Annapolis Maritime Museum educates youth and adults about maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through engaging programs, exhibits, and community events. The Annapolis Maritime Museum is seeking contractual Education Instructors to lead a variety of programs for learners ranging from Pre-K to 12th grade. Grow as an environmental educator while teaching students about the Chesapeake Bay in historic Annapolis, MD. Successful applicants will be hard-working, enthusiastic, and interested in connecting students with the environment.
Instructors will be called upon to lead programs as needed and will work a flexible schedule, choosing whichever dates and times fit their own availability. The majority of these programs will take place between 8:00am and 4:00pm on weekdays in April and May of 2017; additional teaching opportunities may be available in the summer and fall. Education Instructors will be paid a fixed rate per program with rates dependent on program length.
- Facilitate and deliver education programs including their set up and clean up
- Lead a fun and welcoming educational experience for children
- Contribute to the cohesive work environment of the Education Center
- Communicate with Education Center staff regarding students’ experiences
- Maintain and organize program materials
- Ensure children’s safety, manage behavior, and act as a role model and mentor
- Assist with other necessary duties as assigned by the Education Center
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least one year of undergraduate study towards a degree in Biology, Environmental Studies, Education, or related field. Undergraduate degree in these or similar fields preferred
- Teaching, camp, or child care experience. Experience educating in a field or outdoor setting preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Flexibility and the ability to problem solve
- Maintain the high standards and quality of the Education Center programs
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Must pass a background check
Application submission is currently open and applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
How to Apply: