Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education Outreach Associate
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, August 25, 2016, 3:00pm
• Research, develop, and market the Living Wetlands program to new audiences, within a specific geographic area: 40%
• Assist in field trip programs on and off Refuge grounds; attend outreach events: 30%
• Assist with office work and coordination of events and field trips, communicate with educators and perform equipment maintenance: 20%
• Greet visitors and provide refuge information: 10%
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Experience working with people
• Comfortable speaking to the public
• Upper division college standing or above
• Organizational skills
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Background in environmental education, interpretation, recreation, wildlife biology, environmental studies, or other related sciences
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs
• First aid/CPR certification (or be willing to acquire soon after hire)
• Willingness to learn
• A strong interest in the natural world
Must be available 2 days (Saturday and 1 weekday) for a total of 16 hours per week. The position is for a term of 9 months, and begins the first week of September.
Salary - $13 per hour.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Colter Cook, Living Wetlands Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify which position you are interested in. Open until filled.