Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education Outreach Coordinator FT
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, April 2, 2021, 5:00pm
Mohonk Preserve, in New Paltz, New York, has exceptional Environmental Education programs for all ages including in-school programs; field studies; Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM); public and teen programs and more. We are seeking an individual who loves the outdoors and working with children, with excellent teaching, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The essential responsibilities include:
- Coordinating all aspects of Mohonk Preserve’s outreach programs: scheduling, marketing, teaching, evaluating, and developing new standards-based offerings to meet the needs of schools and the community
- Teaching and developing environmental education programs on the land and within the schools
- Planning and leading summer camps in rotation with other staff
- Serve as a role model of MP’s philosophy of environmental education, stewardship and conservation practices
- Perform related duties to support the Mohonk Preserve and Education department; administration, budgeting, meetings as requested, and fundraising events
The successful candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Education, natural sciences or related field (Masters preferred)
- Experience teaching outdoors and in the classroom
- Bi-lingual with fluency in English and Spanish (preferred)Ability to create, administer and implement programs, and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of New York State natural and cultural history and a desire to expand information base
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel at a minimum)
Full description at: https://www.mohonkpreserve.org/ed-outreach
How to Apply:
Mohonk Preserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging culturally diverse candidates to apply.
Resumes will be accepted with letter of interest and 3 references.
Applications must be received by April 2, 2021. Email to: email@example.com
No phone calls please