Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education & Outreach Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 4:00pm
I. Serve as the public education coordinator for the GCBO:
- Responsible for designing and leading GCBO’s environmental education programs
- Teaching environmental topics to school groups, visiting organizations, volunteers, and the general public
- Developing and managing a wetland education program for the GCBO’s Sanctuary
- Providing effective oral and written presentations on and off property
- Providing high-quality education experiences for Sanctuary visitors
- Help developed and manage special events such as Spring Fling and XHX
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
II. Serve as the marketing and outreach coordinator for GCBO:
- Develop and disseminate marketing programs for the GCBO via various platforms
- Handle electronic media such as Facebook, etc.
- Assist with updating website
- Publish our eNews monthly eblast, and coordinate our bi-annual Gulf Crossing newsletter and weekly Nature Notes
- Help organize special events
III. Serve as the volunteer coordinator for GCBO:
- Rebuild and implement an improved volunteer system
- Coordinate our volunteer events and efforts
- Recruitment and training of volunteers
- Record volunteer hours
- Knowledge of wildlife, bird watching, conservation, and education program development
- Skill in writing and verbal presentations
- Skill with personal computers, including PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly on the phone
- Ability to coordinate with co-workers, media representatives, agency personnel, corporate representatives and community leaders
- Ability to exercise initiative and work both independently as well as a team member
- Administrative and marketing skills
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in environmental education or a natural history discipline is preferred but not a must
- Bilingual with Spanish skills preferred
- Experience with marketing and/or fundraising preferred
- A ‘can-do attitude is a must
- A love of birds is a must
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Passing a background check is required
Position must be filled by: June 30, 2017 (but may be sooner if possible)
Position will be housed at the GCBO headquarters, Lake Jackson, Texas.
This is a full time, permanent position.
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Martin Hagne, Gulf Coast Bird Observatory, 299 Hwy 332 West, Lake Jackson, Texas 77566 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$30,000 - $35,000, and benefits, based upon qualifications.
Health insurance is offered (75% GCBO - 25% employee)