Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education Program Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 7, 2021, 6:15pm
The Education Program Manager is a full-time position at the Hitchcock Center for the Environment, an environmental education center. This position will be responsible for managing the Children Youth and Family, School, Teacher Professional Development and Adult programs. They will be in charge of outreach, marketing, budgets and schedules for these programs. In addition, the EPM will develop, teach and grow the ProfessionalDevelopment programming at the Hitchcock Center. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is passionate about the programs and mission of the Hitchcock Center with significant experience in environmental and STEM education. The EPM must be committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion in our programming as well as increasing access to our programs.
● Working in close partnership with the Education Director, helps guide the direction and vision of HCE’s environmental education programs, including the promotion of greater diversity, equity and inclusion within HCE’s programming.
● Assist with education staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment while creating a culture of reflective practice, high expectations, and continuous learning.
● Work closely with the Education Director and Development and Communications Director to plan, develop, write and secure grant funding for education related projects and programs.
● Build positive long-term relationships with schools, organizations, colleges and universities and community stakeholders to develop successful educational partnerships. ● Ensure that programs are delivered with scientific accuracy and professionalism, be mission driven, align with the Strategic Plan, be accessible and have a lens of equity and inclusion. ● Develop and implement assessment and evaluation tools to measure the educational value, program effectiveness and overall impact of programs. ● Develop, track, monitor and manage program budgets in close partnership with HCE’s Education Director and Finance Manager.
● Track program participation and programmatic data and prepare program reports, including assistance with the development of HCE’s Annual Report.
● Provide leadership to HCE’s Teacher Professional Development Program for elementary teachers focused on STEM and outdoor education, collaboratively designing and executing targeted professional development that is in alignment with the HCE’s Strategic Plan. (see DRAFT Strategic Plan 2021-2025).
● Manage HCE’s Intern Program designed to provide hands-on experience with the development and delivery of a range of environmental education programs that primarily serve children and youth.
● Assist with other Hitchcock Center programs as needed
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 7th.
For a full job description - https://www.hitchcockcenter.org/resources/employment-opportunities/