Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Education Programs Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, October 14, 2016, 12:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach education programs.
- Create new programs and manage/update existing programs as need arises.
- Prepare program materials for upcoming programs and events.
- Create materials and work educational events.
- Maintain active animal handler status.
- Conduct husbandry, operations and training for education program animals, working closely with the Collections and Veterinary teams. Train approved educators to handle and present with education animal collection.
- Serve as primary camp coordinator for all camp programs.
- Create full lesson plans with goals, objectives and state, environmental and conservation standards aligned.
- Participate in professional development.
- Learn education program database and manage program reservations.
- Communicate with customers as needed to ensure successful programs.
- Evaluate programs and make adjustments as needed.
- Research and make purchases for supplies and program materials as needed.
- Help track grant funds and expenditures.
- Works closely with Director of Education to achieve revenue goals for programs and grants.
- Create reports for the department on programs, numbers, revenue, expenses, as needed.
- Help keep office area and classroom tidy and in working order.
- Work in a team environment, creating a safe and fun experience for children.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Experience creating curricula and teaching children required.
- Excellent organization & communication skills.
- Leadership and customer service experience.
- Must be energetic, creative, responsible, dependable and have an enthusiasm for wildlife and children.
- Willingness to work with & around animals, including snakes and other reptiles, mammals, birds, amphibians, and invertebrates.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Willingness to support organization’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Willingness to obtain TB test and pass comprehensive background check.
- Database management a plus.
- Experience managing others preferred.
- Must have experience managing tractable animals, including reptiles, amphibians, mammals, birds and invertebrates.
- Florida drivers license in good standing.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in science, education or related field. Must have 2 years teaching experience.
- Must be able to communicate with guests and staff clearly and effectively.
- Multi-lingual is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida state driver’s license.
- NAI’s Certified Interpretive Guide a plus.