Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Education Specialist will support and grow our Sustainable Intelligence, EVs for Schools, and Green Building Academy programs across California and South Texas, and support in other regions, as needed. The Education Specialist will be responsible for local teacher outreach and engagement, customized instructional support, leading-edge professional development, administering Eco-Audit Grants to support student-designed sustainability projects, and hosting student innovation showcases.
- Recruit, engage, and retain K–12 teachers from Southern and Central California, as well as South Texas, to participate in EcoRise’s Sustainable Intelligence, EVs for Schools, and Green Building Academy programs.
- Organize and facilitate leading-edge professional development (PD) through customized, face-to-face and virtual workshops. Support existing workshops in other key regions across the U.S. Connect with teachers via email, video calls, and in-person visits to support the implementation of EcoRise lessons and resources. Create teacher resources to increase implementation, including standards-alignment guides, action plans, sample calendars, and how-to videos.
- Support teachers in applying for Eco-Audit Grants, both virtually and in-person. Review all California and South Texas student applications, provide feedback, and fund student-designed sustainability projects.
- Organize and host virtual and in-person Student Innovation Showcases to connect students with green professional volunteers, and support execution of other regional showcases.
- Participate in and support community events relating to sustainability education and environmental justice to strengthen partnerships that increase the efficacy and impact of our collective mission.
- Monitor, measure, and evaluate program impact using pre- and post- surveys, focus groups, classroom visits, and rubrics for student projects.
- Capture stories - using photography, video, and text - of EcoRise teachers, students, and schools and share with Communications Team for distribution via social media, blogs, impact reports, and monthly newsletters.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years teaching experience in a K-12 classroom; experience with Project-Based Learning and/or sustainability education is preferred.
- Experience designing and facilitating teacher professional development.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that help represent and reach racially, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple, simultaneous projects on time with high-quality results.
- Attentive to details with keen aptitude for organization.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Willingness to travel approximately one week per month, and work occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly, ask thoughtful questions, and give and receive feedback.
- Committed to, knowledgeable of, and enthusiastic about the EcoRise mission and programs; familiarity with sustainability, environmental and climate justice, and public K–12 education systems.
- Fluency with Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core State Standards, Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, and/or Cloud Institute’s Education for Sustainability Benchmarks.
- Fluency in Spanish, preferred
TIMELINE AND COMPENSATION
Project is expected to take 15-20 hours per week, from August 2021 through June 2022 with the possibility of an extension and/or full time employment. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience, ranging from $30 to $40 per hour.
EcoRise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
How to Apply:
Click here to learn more and apply.
TIMELINE AND COMPENSATION
Project is expected to take 15-20 hours per week, from August 2021 through June 2022 with the possibility of an extension and/or full-time employment. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience, ranging from $30 to $40 per hour.