Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, December 1, 2017, 5:00pm
• Lead and teach hands-on, outdoor, environmental science programs (both day and overnight excursions).
• Maintain a positive, solution-oriented attitude as challenges arise, such as inclement weather conditions.
• Assist with Citizen Science Database and monthly reports.
• Assist with education program and facility supply, inventory and maintenance.
• Assist with administrative tasks, including education program data entry, reservations and correspondence with teachers, vendors and partners.
• Assist with general maintenance of site grounds and vehicles (cleaning, gardening, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned, which support the Nature’s Academy mission and team.
Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in natural sciences or program related discipline (i.e. marine science, biology, environmental science, education). All applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a criminal background check.
Position Requirements Include:
• BA/BS in natural sciences, environmental studies or related field.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working with children and adapting programs to various ages.
• Classroom management and teaching skills.
• Capable of working long‐hours outdoors in typical and inclement coastal Florida weather (hot and humid).
• Comfortable in and around the water and handling marine animals.
• Knowledge of local flora and fauna OR an ability to quickly learn.
• Customer service oriented, including the ability to continuously convey positivity and politeness.
• Open to feedback and willing to be coached.
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends.
• Lifeguard certification
• Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Position Start Date:
Friday, January 5, 2018
How to Apply:
Please follow the link below for a complete position description and application details.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Part-time $13/hr with minimum commitment of three days (24 hrs) per week.
Opportunity to advance your skills and position in a growing company.
Potential to develop into full-time position.