Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 17, 2016, 12:00pm
Website:Quarrybrook Outdoor Learning
Location: Quarrybrook Outdoor Learning Center; 39 Roulston Rd., Windham, NH.
Organization Summary: The El-Hefni Educational Foundation was established in January of 2012 and oversees the Quarrybrook Outdoor Learning Center. Set within a rich natural habitat that provides an opportunity for both formal and informal learning, Quarrybrook is a locus of ideas, activity, enrichment, and education for teachers, students, and all our visitors. Our vision is the cultivation of a learning center known for its exceptional educational programming, student-centered approach, and teacher professional development offerings all grounded in an experiential, inquiry-based framework.
Position Description: The Educator works as part of the Education Team at Quarrybrook. Additional responsibilities include designing and leading activities for community days, actively participating in K-16 professional development opportunities, and collaborating with K-14 instructors to design and deliver lessons. The Educator will be expected to teach more than one 2-hour field course per day, in any season or weather, while safely managing their student group on the trails and in the classroom space.
- Earned degree in Education or related field and eligibility for preliminary licensure in NH/MA.
- Experience working with K-16 students and life-long learners.
- Ability to design experiential lessons drawing on multiple disciplines including natural and physical science, history, language arts, and mathematics.
- Effective communication, problem solving, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to safely manage groups on their trail experience.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications including Word and Excel.
- Physical ability to lead more than one two-hour field class per day throughout all seasons and weather conditions.
- Ability to perform trail maintenance and development.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Earned Master’s degree in Education or a related field.
- Experience working with students of diverse backgrounds and learning abilities.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English preferred).
- Coursework or professional experience in Special Education.
- A basic knowledge of natural sciences and New England ecology.
- Experience in a collaborative teaching model.
- Experience designing and delivering curriculum based on natural environments and outdoor education models / theory.
- Ability to create positive learning experiences that foster a sense of stewardship for the natural world.
Position Start Date:
Monday, August 1, 2016
How to Apply:
Send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts to Executive Director Marcy Yeager at: email@example.com
Marcy Yeager, Executive Director
Quarrybrook Education Center
39 Roulston, Rd
Windham, NH 03087
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until June 17th. Interviews will be scheduled by June 30th, and will take place on July 5th and 6th.
The anticipated start date for this position is August 1, 2016.
Status: Full –time, salaried (40hrs. /week)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical coverage, sick time and vacation time (dependent upon hours worked)