Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 11:45am
Website:Archdiocese of Seattle- Employment
Camps and Guest Services of the Archdiocese of Seattle is currently seeking Educators for our residential outdoor Environmental Education program at Camp Hamilton in Monroe, Washington. Camp Hamilton is comprised of 570 acres of forest, wetlands and an 80 acre lake. Resident wildlife includes beavers, river otters, deer and the occasional black bear.
The Environmental Education program provides a unique ministry to Catholic middle school students through hands-on experiential learning activities, forest and wetland hikes, and community building activities. Lessons are science based; our goal is to provide an extension of a classroom in an outdoor setting, allowing students to discover a sense of self, and appreciation of others.
General Summary of Essential Purpose:
To provide an experience that encourages students to develop an appreciation and care for God’s creation through Catholic reflections, scientific observation and investigations.
Essential Position Duties:
- Implement faith development program and transmit the beauty of the Catholic faith and sacramental life to students, chaperones, and teachers, particularly as it relates to environmental stewardship.
- Fully participate in staff training.
- Plan and lead instructional lessons incorporating established curriculum and resources.
- Assume the responsibility for the health and safety of assigned students and chaperones.
- Create an atmosphere which makes all school participants feel comfortable and welcome.
- Lead afternoon and night activities with students including morning and evening prayer, campfire programming, and mass or prayer services.
- Demonstrate servant leadership through general camp support- i.e. high ropes facilitation, kitchen and facilities clean-up, luggage transportation, ect.
- Participate in post session camp clean-up.
- Assist in the evaluation of the program at the end of the season.
The Educator position is seasonal, beginning with staff training in March 14, 2017 and ending on June 3, 2017. Most of our sessions are 4 days in length and run Tuesday – Friday. The position pays a daily rate that totals about $3,000 for the season. Room and board on-site is provided at no additional cost for the duration of the season. Staff members live, work, and pray in community with one another. Staff typically share a cabin with 5-6 other staff members of the same gender. The staff cabins are a short walk from the main dining hall, which is equipped with Wi-Fi. Staff can stay on the weekends or choose to explore everything Washington has to offer – Mt. Rainier, North Cascades and Olympic National Parks are all less than a 3 hour drive!
How to Apply
For more information, including job descriptions and online applications, please visit our website: http://www.oyyae.org/camps/employment/. Questions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Positions are open until filled.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
How to Apply:
The position pays a daily rate that totals about $3,000 for the season. Room and board on-site is provided at no additional cost for the duration of the season.