Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Educator and Professional Development Facilitator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, November 19, 2021, 5:30pm
The Educator and Professional Development Facilitator will work collaboratively with CELF, specifically as a creative and close team partner to the Houston CELF Program Manager, to support CELF’s Sustainable Schools Professional Learning Program for Houston area K-12 schools. The Educator will support the delivery of professional development programs for the organization.
Background and Experience
- 5+ years experience as a classroom teacher
- Experience designing, planning, and implementing the following:
- Professional development for teachers & administrators
- Curriculum development
- Interdisciplinary learning
- Knowledge and experience applying any or all of the following:
- Environmental literacy and environmental justice
- Education for Sustainability
- TEKS and NextGen Science Standards with curriculum design integration
- STEM, project-based learning (PBL), place-based education (PBE), and online learning
- Ability to cultivate relationships with schools and partners
- Preferred experience (optional)
- Relevant Master’s degree
- Spanish bilingualism
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and other tech tools to support data collection
- Ability to contribute to social media communications
Skills and Abilities:
- Flexibility: Can adapt to necessary changes required during the project experience
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Collaborative: Ability to multitask and work collaboratively with teams
- Project Management: Can manage multiple deadlines, priorities, budgets, and professional development coordination
- Develop and Deliver Teacher Professional Development (PD): Collaborate with Houston Program Manager and NY-based team to conduct PD programs (in-person and virtual) and coordinate communications across multiple schools, staff, and community partners. Track and report program outcomes for grant reports, board meetings, and fundraising/development purposes.
- Support Houston Regional Growth: Support Houston Program Manager in the following areas:
- Align CELF PD resources, particularly as specific to Texas state standards – TEKS– (e.g., in-person and digital course videos, digital course downloads and reading material, workshop facilitator guides and presentations, workshop participants handouts).
- Partnerships: Cultivate new and existing partnerships and work collaboratively with community partners in program delivery, mentoring, and community outreach.
- Program Advocacy and Outreach in collaboration with Program Director: Actively seek and follow through with new clients for CELF programs and services. Contribute to the development of a network of advocates for the mission of CELF.
- Assessment: Work collaboratively with independent evaluators and applies evaluation data from reports to make strategic decisions for successful implementation.
3. Lead Green Careers Program Development and Delivery: Green Careers is a series of in-classroom presentations and Q&A sessions conducted by professionals in the environmental and sustainability fields. As schools look for more ways to embrace and amplify young scholars' interest in sustainability and environmentally-focused career pathways, this program creates opportunities for students to be inspired by the real, personal narratives of industry professionals. Your responsibilities would include:
- Connect with campuses & teachers to understand current project development to identify authentic guest speakers and/or supporting resources
- Coordinate with campuses & teachers to schedule relevant Green Career guest speakers connected to a student project
- Recruit guest speakers. Review guest speaker slide decks - ensure content is audience appropriate (grade level and project theme considerations)
- Engage new potential partners and/or guest speakers to participate in the program
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to: Pallavi Mehta, Finance Manager