Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Energy and Water Conservation Corpsmember (Driver)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 12:45pm
Biweekly stipend: Earn a living stipend of $720 before taxes every two weeks. This equates to $72 a day, with a potential for a performance-based raise. The first pay day will be August 9, 2016.
AmeriCorps Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $1,515.55 upon successful completion of 450 hour term of service. This award can be used to pay tuition or payback qualifying student loans.
This is a temporary position, from August 29, 2016 – December 16, 2016.
450 hour term of community service in a 3 ½ month commitment.
40 hour weeks, Mon-Thur 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Fridays 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Schedule may vary depending on projects.
Low-income clients: Help them reduce their utility bills by
installing high-efficiency toilets, aerators, compact florescent light
bulbs, and water efficient showerheads. You also offer
information on energy and water conservation techniques.
The Community: Participate in service projects and Global Youth
Service Days that support local non-profits and our community
Mile High Youth Corps: Provide logistics support including but not
limited to, building, vehicle and tool maintenance
Trainings: Hands-on technical training related to all projects and tools, leadership development, civic engagement, working with diverse clients, and educational opportunities through Xcel Energy and Denver Water, peer leadership, service learning, and Career and College Readiness.
Student loan forbearance: Possible through the National Service Trust on qualifying federal government student loans.
Health Insurance: May be eligible for health insurance the 1st of the month after serving at MHYC for sixty days. Member share of health insurance premium is $80 per month.
Leadership Opportunities: Opportunities for peer leadership include serving on the Leadership Council, developing service projects, supporting client intake, and delivering environmental education, civic engagement, and service learning activities. Corpsmembers also have the opportunity to provide direct programmatic input and direction in leadership roles.
- Between 18-24 years old and eligible to legally serve in the United States. Documentation will be required on the first day.
- Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English and Spanish, preferred.
- Must be capable of participating in physical labor including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 lbs., able to conduct repetitive hand and arm motions, and able to maneuver in tight spaces, including bending and kneeling.
- Desire and ability to engage with people from different backgrounds and demographics.
- Responsibly serve in clients homes and represent MHYC positively at all times.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Able to commit to the whole term of service.
- Demonstrate commitment to serving with your team, communication and problem solving.
- Actively participate as part of a team, show respect to others and have a positive attitude.
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record needed.
- This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations and therefore must complete a pre-service background check which includes fingerprinting.
- Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during the term.
- Must not engage in any prohibited activities listed in the AmeriCorps member service agreement and must adhere to rules and regulations specified in the MHYC handbook.
- Fully comply with agency policies and procedures regarding high quality service, installations, tool management, paperwork completion and data accuracy.
- This position reports for Crew Leader: Conservation.
How to Apply:
Visit our website at www.milehighyouthcorps.org and click “Apply Now”. Or visit us in person at 1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 720-407-7281 x325.
Mile High Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mile High Youth Corps is committed to the inclusion of members with all levels of ability. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request. This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or, in most instances, religion.