Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Enviro-Challenger Educator - Project Specialist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, February 13, 2020, 5:00pm
The position will be working in the classroom to educate students about the importance of recycling and reducing waste. This work is being done to support Tacoma's Recycle Reset project. The Recycle Reset's goal is to educate community members in the following three areas:
- Reduce contamination from/in the recycling stream by encouraging people to Recycle Right (empty, clean, and dry; no garbage).
- Promote waste reduction strategies and programs
- Inform community members about changes to the City's residential recycling program and associated surcharges.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing innovative, engaging, and diverse K-12 lessons and supporting materials on recycling and waste reduction.
- Teaching environmental lessons that inform and inspire students to reduce waste in their daily lives
- Building and maintaining relationships with schools within Tacoma, community partners, and communities affected by the residential recycling program changes.
- Strategizing with school staff to establish "green school" policies.
- Providing recycling outreach for the City's Environmental Services Department at community events.
- Planning, developing, coordinating, and implementation of a recycling and waste reduction education and outreach strategy focused on ages K-12.
- Proposing and implementing projects and lesson plans that include actions, goals, costs, and performance measurement strategies.
- Presenting to community groups regularly.
- Writing reports and preparing documents as necessary.
- Assisting with the annual waste characterization study.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
If you have the attributes and skills detailed below, YOU may be the person that we are searching for!
- Experience in researching program requirements, developing training materials and teaching students.
- Comfortable presenting lessons to the public and school communities.
- Enjoy and excel in working with students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds, as well as learning styles and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, planning, and project management and evaluation skills, along with a professional and
- [An image without description] courteous attitude.
- Lifelong learner who seeks out information on current waste reduction and
- recycling issues, topics, and trends to support lessons and discussions.
For more information on the EnviroChallenger program, please visit their website @ www.envirochallenger.org
*** SPECIAL NOTE: This is a project position expected to end December 31, 2023 unless extended. ***
- An equivalent combination to:
- Graduation from high school AND considerable experience in design, implementation and evaluation of projects. Some college is desirable.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience teaching, as well as designing, implementing and evaluating projects.
- Knowledge of State education standards and objectives.
- Working knowledge of project planning, lesson development, and evaluation procedures.
- Working knowledge of budgeting.
- Ability to develop ideas into feasible projects and lessons.
- Ability to pass a complete background check to include fingerprinting and successful Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Intelligence background clearance/sexual misconduct clearance.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Washington State driver's license.