Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Center Supervisor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
CITY OF ELKHART – JOB DESCRIPTION
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
POSITION: Environmental Center Supervisor
STATUS: Full time
REPORTS TO: Utility Services Manager
DATE: June 2017
- To oversee execution of strategic goals for the Elkhart Environmental Center by developing and maintaining partnerships, project management, and fundraising.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute projects outlined in the EEC Master Plan.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships.
- Enhance public relations by marketing and promoting the EEC.
- Serve as media contact for the EEC.
- Increase awareness of the EEC’s role in community connectivity, quality of life and Elkhart’s Vibrant Communities Initiative.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct frequent correspondence through written, verbal and social media communications.
- Lead EEC Team to efficiently and successfully achieve the center’s goals.
- Identify needs and opportunities for professional development within EEC Team.
- Develop annual budget and track expenditures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Five years applied experience in strategic and special event planning and execution, stakeholder development and retention, and organizational development.
- Experience in the areas of fundraising, marketing, public relations and/or grant writing desired.
- Team leadership and development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Develop working relationships with community partners, volunteers, and City departments.
- Creative, logical and scientific thinking to solve problems.
- Work independently and be self-motivated.
- MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, fundraising and/or donor management software and operation of basic office equipment.
- Experience in customer service and visitor center operations.
- Operate a motor vehicle unrestricted.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND VISUAL SKILLS
- Read, write, interpret, and verbally give or demonstrate work instructions.
- Prioritize workload in conjunction with organization objectives.
- Lift 40 pounds.
- Employee is required to work in diverse inside and outside situations.
- Evening and weekend activities are frequent.
How to Apply:
This position is open until filled. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
Interested applicants can send a resume, cover letter, and city employment application to Traci Dawson at Human Resources, 201 S. Second St. Elkhart 46516, fax (574)296-7541, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Elkhart Employment Application forms are available online at http://www.elkhartindiana.org/egov/documents/1443635916_41034.pdf.