Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education AmeriCorps Member
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, April 21, 2017, 5:00pm
- Develop and teach environmental education programs and nature-based day camps to youth ages 4-12
- Participate in staff trainings on outdoor learning, nature play, behavior management, lesson plan development, professional development opportunities, etc.
- Contribute to nature center projects, such as our organizational newsletter, equipment care and purchasing, caring for native plant gardens, live animal exhibits, monarch butterfly exhibit, bird viewing area, etc.
- Monday-Friday, plus one Saturday per month. Shifts are generally 8a-4p, some weeks will be 12-8pm.
- U.S. citizen or national or have Lawful Permanent Resident Alien status
- Successfully pass a FBI background check
- Volunteer experience or desire to develop a strong ethic of service
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without daily supervision
- Able to present oneself in a highly professional manner and represent True North AmeriCorps and Hartley Nature Center
- Experience working collaboratively with youth and adults
- Experience with outdoor education and/or nature programming
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relate with people of all ages and abilities in a positive manner
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
How to Apply:
- stipend of $834/month
- Education Award: $1,527.78 (received upon completion of 460 hours of summer service; can be used on college tuition or loans)
- Duluth YMCA membership