Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, June 27, 2016, 11:45pm
Grafton Lakes State Park
WORK SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Saturday; 40 hours/week; 8am-4:30 depending on program schedule
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Environmental Educator, the selected candidate will be involved in every aspect of environmental education programming. Duties include developing, presenting, and revising environmental education programs, materials, audiovisual programs, and exhibits; assisting with recruitment, training, and supervision of interns and volunteers; assisting with citizen science and ongoing monitoring projects in the state park; coordinating special events; assisting with a variety of administrative activities to support programs throughout the year, and other duties required by the Environmental Educator or Park Manager as needed.
One year of experience in environmental education programs; or one year of college study with specialization in natural science, natural resources, or environmental education.
- Working knowledge of how to create and/or maintain nature trails;
- Working knowledge of the use of computers and word processing;
- Ability to organize, conduct and teach a variety of activities related to environmental education and the outdoors;
- Ability to organize, conduct and teach a variety of recreational activities in relation to the environment, i.e. hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, etc.;
- Ability to walk a minimum of two miles over uneven terrain
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this vacancy, please submit a written application or resume to Melissa Miller, Grafton Lakes State Park, PO Box 163, Grafton, NY 12082. If you have questions concerning the position, please contact Ms. Miller at (518)279-1155. All qualified persons are invited and encouraged to apply.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to accurately describe his or her experience and demonstrate that they meet the minimum qualifications and agency operating needs.
Environmental Education Assistant, Grade 8, $30,126