Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Associate
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, June 1, 2020, 5:00pm
The Environmental Education Associate positions will work together to implement NSEA’s community outreach and education programs, specifically focusing on our fourth grade Students for Salmon Program. Associates will lead a series of in-class and field experiences for students throughout Whatcom County. The position is approximately 60% field-based and 40% office-based, but varies based on the season. Work weeks fluctuate and will include occasional weekend and evening events.
Environmental Education Associates will perform the following tasks:
- Facilitate, and position volunteer interns to implement the Students for Salmon Program.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteer interns.
- Table outreach booths, assist in the production of outreach materials, conduct public presentations, update social media feeds, and assist with NSEA and community events.
- Update and maintain NSEA’s various databases, tracking volunteers and student engagement performance measures.
- Assist in collecting data for NSEA’s education database and create reports on all education programs and projects.
- Provide support to other AmeriCorps team members, cross training in their respective programs.
- Participate in Washington Service Corps trainings, along with additional professional development workshops and conferences.
- Familiarity with the AmeriCorps Individual Placement program.
- Passion for stream ecology, environmental science, environmental education, and public speaking.
- Experience teaching students in formal or informal settings is desired
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions.
- A clear background check and college degree are required.
Time Availability: AmeriCorps IP positions are 10.5 month positions starting September 1, 2020 through July 15, 2021 with an allocated stipend, health insurance, and an education award upon completion.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, September 1, 2020